Become a Sponsor
Sunday, April 24, 2016 will mark the 11th annual street festival celebrating the Kensington Day of the Book. Last year, more than 5,000 visitors and over 100 authors from across the region came out to enjoy a day of live music, author readings, children’s programs, food trucks, games, community networking, and much more.
The festival is a great opportunity for local organizations and businesses to gain publicity on a day that celebrates Kensington and connects us with the world as we join in the International Day of the Book, a UNESCO World Heritage event. This year we are reaching out to Business Friends to participate in sponsoring the festival.
How will you benefit as a sponsor of the Kensington Day of the Book? Here are some highlights: (Please see click here for the guide for details at each of the sponsorship levels)
- Your organization or company name will appear in a scrolling list on the festival website.
- We will provide a link to your organization or business website on the KDOB website and Facebook site.
- We will display your organization or company’s logo on our website and Facebook page.
- We will display your informational brochure or business card at the welcome table.
- Announcers at the various tents will publicly thank your organization or company as a major sponsor ($1,000+) of the KDOB.
- Major sponsors ($1,000+) may choose to provide a banner, flag, or poster for display at a speaker tent.
What will your sponsorship pay for? Here are a few of our major costs:
- Large tents for guest speakers and performances.
- Tables and chairs in our outdoor picnic area.
- Guest speakers, performers, and entertainers.
- Security set-up and staff.
- Design and printing of publicity materials.
- Connecticut Avenue KDOB announcement banner.
We hope you will join us in making the Kensington Day of the Book a huge success for visitors coming to explore the literary world, indulge in the pleasures of reading, and discover our town and community. Your generous sponsorship of the Kensington Day of the Book makes it one of the most popular literary events in our area, and we thank you for your participation!